R1SE in a rendition of Roles have no big or small 角儿无大小. This is really their best style – mostly rap + some opera. Yan Xujia and He Luoluo are missing for college examinations. Yan Xujia got into Beijing Film Academy, not sure about He Luoluo. Congrats to Yan Xujia for being the final member of X-Fire to get accepted into college!Continue reading
Sisters Who Make Waves is a show that relies on the charisma and personality of the big sisters, so I wasn’t too fussed by the shoddy camerawork for the performance stages.
Up first is Ning Jing, Aduo and Cindy Yen’s Orchid Grass. This cover is stunning, and the empowering lyrics (different from the original) are a perfect representation of the performers:Continue reading
Now this is my type of show! Woman Like Me / Sisters Who Make Waves 乘风破浪的姐姐 (lit. translation) is aimed at forming a mature-age girl group, and I am loving all the contestants (full list below) and producer Huang Xiaoming after watching the first episode.
The variety show airs every Friday at 12pm on Mango TV, and will be up on YouTube shortly thereafter.Continue reading
Some songs I’ve been listening to :
- Julia Wu’s 底线 Baseline by my favorite Chinese rnb producer terrytyelee
- Miss Ko’s English rap Started From Scratch. I hope she comes out with an all-English album like Joanna Wang.
- Chen Li’s indie folk 奇妙能力歌 Mystical Powers Song with gorgeous lyrics
- Chinese dance pop group Seven Sense 七朵组合 ‘s comeback single Green Snake 青蛇
- Jiang Yingrong’s Why Not, mostly for how great she looks in the MV
- Jeno Liu ft Bryan Rice’s Chinese and English duet Warrior
- Meng Jia’s 给我乖 Drip from her first EP after leaving Miss A
- Liu Qianyu’s bubbly Soda
- Li Sidanni wears the pants in her duet with Aifei, Bad Girls Need Love Too
- Huang Luziying’s cute Ugly Duckling 美小鴨 MV
eeMedia’s two dancing divas Jiang Yingrong and Lisi Danni collaborates for new dance track DV. These two ladies first appeared on stage together during Supergirl 2011, then again a year later Let’s Shake It (舞林大会) and the HNTV New Year Concert. Watch the MV below. The dancer version and promo posters are below the cut.