Known for his use of light to decorate his objects, Liu Zongyuan’s photographs often feel like they come from the impressionist school of painting. You might remember him from the famous Mulan-like photoshoot he did for Liu Yifei, but that photoshoot is not even up there among his best. He often brings an ethereal beauty to his subjects and their surroundings. Liu Yifei is probably Liu Zongyuan’s most common muse and the one who put him on the map, but he is also a frequent collaborator with actresses like Liu Shishi (who loves him so much she got him to do her wedding shoot) and Li Qin.(more…)
Malaysian-born, Taipei-based photographer Zhong Lin (pinyin: Zhong Ling) is really one of my favorites. I love her whimsical style and bold use of colors that seem to bring fairytale settings to life. Her subjects always feel so filled with life, and each frame tells a story. Here’s a round-up of some of my favorite celebrity photoshoots by her.(more…)
Standing Together 在一起 revolves around China’s pandemic response, and will be split into 10 X 2 episode stories:
- The Turning Point: Zhou Yiwei, Tan Zhuo, Zhang Tian’ai, Mei Ting
- Ferryman: Lei Jiayin, Ni Ni, Zhang Jingchu, Jiang Xin
- Rescuer: Zhu Yawen, Xu Lu
- Together: Yang Yang, Zhao Jinmai, Zhang Yunlong, Ren Zhong
- 24 Hour Search: Huang Jingyu, Li Xiaoran
- Wuhan People: Liu Mintao, Jia Nailiang, Ni Dahong
- Fangcang Hospital: Jin Dong, Sun Jiayu, Mao Xiaohui
- I Am Dalian: Deng Lun, Li Qin, Dong Jie, Liu Lin
- Face Mask: Hai Qing, Feng Shaofeng, Dong Xuan
- Construction of Huoshenshan: Chen Shu
The drama is slated to premiere on all major television networks in October.
I’m so excited to see Li Qin playing a kick-ass martial artist / female general in The Song of Glory. Qin Hao plays Liu Yikang (yes, they changed the storyline during filming), the emperor’s brother who later becomes prime minister.
The 53 episode drama releases 2 eps every Wed-Fri on Tencent (subs on Viki).(more…)