A round-up of Liu Yifei’s Mulan promos so far. The stunts look a lot better in the featurette than in the trailers, although I’m still iffy about all their decisions (one of the producers recently blamed cutting out Li Shang on the MeToo movement!)
Since tickets are now out in many places, here’s a mini round-up of some of the promotional stuff as well as a couple of merchandise. All the interviews are mostly just various people praising Liu Yifei and how hard-working and awesome she is. For example, co-star Jimmy Wong tweeted that the male soldiers couldn’t last 2/3 of the time in training as Liu Yifei.
Playlist of trailers, interviews, behind-the-scenes of Mulan:
- Liu Yifei’s Harper’s Bazaar China photoshoot here and interview here.
- Awkward phone interview between Liu Yifei and Awkwafina here. The photoshoot is gorgeous, though.
- Hollywood Reporter interview of Liu Yifei and director Niki Caro here. There’s one photo where she looks strikingly like co-star Gong Li. Maybe even if the film flops it’ll give rise to a Gong Li-Liu Yifei ship.
- D23 interview with the cast here.
- Collider interview co-producer Jason Reed here.