Here are some fun facts about the star of Disney’s live-action Mulan, Liu Yifei, to help you and your friends dispel myths propelled by Hollywood Reporter’s sloppy reporting from wikipedia.
- Liu Yifei is in fact a U.S. citizen. I don’t even know why it’s an issue since Mulan isn’t Asian-American and so Asian-Americans shouldn’t be given priority over non-American Asians in the role.
- Despite what Hollywood Reporter says, she is not called “Fairy Sister” out of the blue. It’s because her character was called that in Semi-Gods and Demi-Devils.
- Her English isn’t perfect, but she’s been improving. English Interview.
- It probably helps that she’s dating Korean co-star Song Seung Hoon, who can only communicate with her in English.
- Liu Yifei was trained as a classical Chinese dancer and can do a lot of her own stunts, splits, and all those fancy-looking stuff.
- Liu Yifei also had a short pop star career in Japan. Did you know that she sung the Japanese theme for PowerPuff Girls Z?
- She’s also been learning hip-hop recently.
- Liu Yifei has always been adorable. There’s a reason why she headlined Cfensi’s cute celeb kid photos post even back in 2008.