I don’t feel like making a new post, but by now we know Jane sung Impressions of West Lake and Celebrate on Oprah.
According to Sina, some more fun facts:
1) Oprah’s crew chose her songs to sing; neither she nor her managers had a say in it.
2) She didn’t have much prep time, before the show, such as what would be asked because they wanted to keep it natural.
3) After she sang Loving You showing off her whistle register, everyone gave her a standing ovation, and Simon promised to keep in touch.
4) She went out to celebrate with Oprah’s dancers after the show.
5) There was something about her doing an English song in the future, but I’m not sure what that means, and I don’t want to get people’s hopes up. That is, if you want her to sing in English.
Thanks again to Bwear@Asianfanatics for the translations below, from an early article about the show. Thank you to Jenster @Soompi for screencaps. Note that this refers to what was taped, but not necessarily what will be shown on the show.
As a top talent, Jane Zhang shared her experiences on how she started with music and how she idolized Mariah Carey’s voice, which eventually led her to train English songs. Jane Zhang used English during the whole process and conversations with Oprah. She performed the Chinese song <West Impression Lake>, which is directed by Zhang Yimou and composed by Kitaro. She also performed a jazz song from her newest album <Celebrate>.
Her wonderful performance stunned all the audience and the producers on the show. They even invited Jane Zhang to perform <Loving You> at the end of the show. When she reached her famous dolphin sound (whistle register), all the audience gave her a standing ovation and applause, including Oprah and Simon Cowell. When the performance was over, Simon declared that he will keep in contact with this music talent from China. Oprah Winfrey also hugged Jane Zhang twice and expressed her admiration.
Jane Zhang went backstage, when recording was done. The producer of the show gave her his blessings and appreciation. The person who was in charge of this episode expressed that Jane is a world’s talent, and he wished Jane success in America.
And because I know everyone wants the full song to Impressions of West Lake, here you go: