Updates because I touched upon all of these topics before. If you don’t believe me, check the tags.
1. Fan Bingbing’s Home Run was the worst-performing movie in recent years with a big-name star. Ouch. But now that she’s a bomb at the box office she’s being compared to Vicky Zhao Wei and I think she’s actually getting a bit more sympathy than she usually does, so not a total loss. Besides…it can’t be all her fault. Chapman To was in it to. Plus the story was just whack.
2. News about “New Meteor Garden”. They want to film it in Shanghai and despite considering the Superboys Yu Haoming and Wei Chen (no mention of Chen Chusheng), they said would also be scouting at major universities for the roles. They will definitely be following the plotline of Hana Yori Dango, which was slightly unclear before. They are changing names (which makes sense…too confusing otherwise). Dao Min Si will be Yun Si and Shan Cai will be Lu Qian ? (陆千荨).
3. The song which Wang Zi of Bang Bang Tang aka Lollipop wrote the lyrics for has its MV out. Well, it’s been out actually. Doesn’t really seem like the fans chosen for it got much or any screentime though.
4. Jane Zhang’s concert has already sold 3 million yuan worth of tickets. Also, new photos of her “letting her hair down”. Previous set of photos had her hair up, and this is supposed to show a different, wilder side of her hinting at the variety she’ll bring to the concert. It’s sad when you think how you can count off on your finger how many of the former Supergirl contestants who have enough hair to pull off something similar.
5. Jacky Xue Zhiqian wrote on his blog about getting invited to the Osaka Asia Music Festival by Shinji Tanimura. He also posted some cute pictures of himself playing around in his Sun Wukong garb for the Dragon TV 5th anniversary photoshoot.
Company: Do you know Shinji Tanimura?
Jacky: Useless words, of course!
Company: He really liked your “Legend”/Chuan Shuo song…and wants to invite you to the Osaka Music festival.
Jacky: …kidding right?
Company: I’ll show you kidding…(开你个头…wasn’t sure how to translate exactly)
Goes on to say how happy he is, how honored that the might Shinji Tanimura could possibly know his lowly self, etc, etc